Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Friday, January 30, 2009

Amazing Grace Experienced

When I was stealing from people there was a jewelry shop that I sold my engagement ring to, and when I cashed the check I forged it to make it for one hundred dollars more. When I went to jail I remembered that I had done this, and wanted to make restitution. I was unable to take care of it soon enough and the owner pressed charges. I am now facing 3 felony counts for fraud. Today I went to the jewelry store to apologize and for whatever reason he was so kind to me. He forgave me. I can not explain how this amazing grace touches my heart that some one I would steal from could look me in the eyes and forgive me even though they do not know me or have any reason to. I didn't ask for grace or mercy but he gave it to me. I didn't ask for him to understand but he did.
Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy on my life is it becoming more apparent every day how your hand is in my life today, and even though everything I have put myself thru is a hard path it was all worth it to be the person I am today. Sometimes life has an odd way off showing you where you should be. From all of this I have found peace and Jesus was able to reach me. He was finally able to get my attention even if it meant letting me dig myself a huge canyon. It is hard for me to accept people's forgiveness because I know I do not deserve it, it is harder than taking punishment and I almost want them to be mean to me so I feel better. I will never understand grace but I will always remember it. I pray every day that I will never fall down to that level again, that my human nature will not devour my new found common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment